Registration closing date: 20 Jun 2016, Monday
The official opening of the Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple – NKF Dialysis Centre (Kolam Ayer Branch) is made possible through a generous gift of $2.3 million by The Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple. The set-up of this new dialysis centre aims to meet the increasing demand for dialysis places in the central part of Singapore.
In conjunction with the official opening, NKF’s first ever Diabetes Health Bus will be launched at the event. The bus has been designed as an initiative to screen and manage diabetes so as to combat kidney disease more effectively and efficiently.
Free kidney screening will be available at the event venue from 8.30am to 12pm. Kidney screenings are essential for the early detection of diseases leading to kidney failure.
Screening Test Components:
- Serum Creatinine (to determine the state of your kidney health)
- Body Mass Index
- Blood Pressure
- Fasting Blood Glucose
- Fasting Cholesterol Profile
- Waist Measurement
- Minimum 10-hour fasting required from your screening appointment.
- No food and beverages except plain water is allowed.
- Continue your prescribed medication as directed by your doctor.
- Participants have to be 18 years old and above.
- Ladies are advised not to attend if pregnant or 3 days before and after menstruation.
- 3 days clear of any illnesses (e.g. flu) and strenuous exercises (e.g. marathon).
- Bring along NRIC or work permit for verification.
- Stick to your assigned appointment time and be punctual.
- Blood test results will be mailed to your residential address within one month from the health screening date. For results interpretation, please consult your doctor.