“Personal data” refers to any data whether true or not about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, data is collected in the following ways:
- When you apply to be part of our dialysis programs;
- When you seek NKF’s medical services;
- When you apply and volunteer with NKF;
- When you apply for any of our events or health screenings;
- When you apply to be a donor of NKF;
- When you apply to be an employee of NKF; and/or
- When you submit a general enquiry.
Purpose for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data
In general, NKF collects, uses and discloses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing your application as a prospective patient ;
- Administering medical care;
- Informing you of upcoming activities and administering the activities;
- Administering the events and health screening services;
- Processing your donations along with your tax-deduction claims with the relevant authorities;
- Administering the processes relating to your employment;
- Responding to and handling your queries, feedback and complaints;
- Conducting of analysis for the purpose of service quality improvement; and/or
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Disclosure of Personal Data
NKF will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorised disclosure, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your personal data may be disclosed for the purposes listed to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- Third party doctors, clinics, nursing homes, hospitals and/or medical institutions;
- Companies providing services relating to the purposes aforementioned above;
- Relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority (including MOH); and/or
- Any other party to whom you authorised us to disclose your personal data to.
Retention of Personal Data
NKF retains such personal data as may be required for operational/ legal purposes or regulatory purposes and such purposes do vary according to the circumstances.
Withdrawal of Consent
Please note if you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, NKF may not be in a position to continue to provide its products and services to you.
- Would like to report an incident where there has been a breach of personal data;
- Would like to obtain access and make corrections to your persona data records;
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.