Yield: 2 servings
Protein: 3 portions per serving
|Clay Pot Chicken Rice|
|Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless||200g|
|Pandan Leaves||2 pieces|
|Jasmine rice, raw||150g|
|Canola oil||40ml/ 2.5 tablespoons|
|Coriander Leaves, chopped||4g / 1 stalk|
|Spring Onion, chopped||4g / 1 stalk|
- Wash and peel all the vegetables and cut into small cube size.
- Add 1 litre of cold water in a pot and add all the cut vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes. Strain the stock and set aside.
Claypot Chicken Rice
- Cut the chicken breast into cube size.
- Season chicken breast with black pepper and a bit of Canola oil.
- Heat up canola oil in a clay pot, saute garlic and onion till fragrant.
- Add rice, vegetable stock, chicken breast, mushroom, pandan leaves and lemongrass.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat and then cover with a lid. Allow it to simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander leaves.
- You can increase your protein intake by adding in egg or meat.
- This recipe uses homemade vegetable stock instead of commercial stock that help to cut down your sodium intake.
Nutrition content per serving: (Energy: 615kcal)
Recipe courtesy of ITE College West Student, Lim Kai Ling & Ong Cai Ting