Kidney Discovery Centre
First launched in 2011 and revamped in 2017, the Kidney Discovery Centre (KDC) now comes boosted and equipped with more exhibits that make use of innovative technologies.
Through multisensory storytelling, exhibits with touch screens, and even motion detectors, visitors to the centre will be taken through an enhanced, experiential learning journey!
- Discover how our kidneys work, and get fascinated about the wonders they do
- Learn about the various ways kidney failure can be treated with
- Get to know more about the principles of peritoneal dialysis, with touch-screen minigames
- Get hands-on, and know how you can eat healthier, through our virtual ‘meal’ section
- Burn calories and get fit at our exercise section, powered by Kinect
- Make a pledge to help needy kidney patients, and promote kidney health together with the NKF
- Health Education
- Science and Biology
- Character and Citizenship Education
- Upper primary students
- Secondary students
- Tertiary students
Click here for the School’s Learning Journey booking form.
Organised Groups (Adults)
Learning Journey (Health Talk & Tour) *minimum 30 pax
Want to learn ways to protect your kidneys? Our team of professional nurses, dieticians or exercise specialists will share with you tips on how to keep you healthy!
|Health Talks*||50 minutes|
|Question & Answer||15 minutes|
|Tour of the Kidney Discovery Centre||30 minutes|
*Subject to availability of speakers
“At the KDC, my friends and I learned about how our kidneys work, and it was very interesting. After the visit, I tell myself to cut down on sweets and avoid salty food. I will also try to eat more vegetables and fruits and jog every day to protect my kidneys.”
Chloe Hua, CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’ School
“I have learnt a lot about our kidneys during the visit to the KDC. I will be telling my family about how important it is to lead a healthy lifestyle and keep to a healthy diet.”
Vedant Gupta, NPS International School